This is also known as Support with School expenses.
Free School Meals can be awarded to children who attend a state maintained school on a full time basis. You can contact us if your child is attending a school in Enfield.
In order to be eligible the parent/carer should be in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance (IR)
- Assisted as an Asylum Seeker under part VI of the Immigration Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit only, and have an annual income of less than
- £16,190 (this figure is updated each year from 6th April)
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
Please note that if you are in receipt of Working Tax Credits you will not be entitled to free school meals for your child/children unless your entitlement to Working Tax Credit is being paid to you in the four-week period after your employment has ceased or you have started to work less than 16 hours per week. If this is the case then a free school meal can be provided for that four-week period once you provide your Tax Credit Decision Notice from HMRC.
If you think you are eligible to receive the Free School Meal benefit then we would encourage you to do so as it would support the school financially, which in turn supports your child.
For further details Click Here where you can find out how to apply. Alternatively ask for further information from the school office.