Is your child eligible for extra funding?

All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 automatically qualify for Universal Free School Meals, but your child may be eligible for additional funding,  called Pupil Premium funding.

The money (£1,320), which comes to the school, can be used in a number of different ways to help support your child in school. The aim of the funding is to help improve the attainment of pupils. Therefore as a school, we can use the additional funding to help improve the quality of our provision. 

This could include additional training to further our expertise or supporting our staff in working on specialised areas such as speech and language. It may be used to provide interventions to support learning, support towards the cost of educational visits, Breakfast Club and after school clubs.

To ensure the money is used effectively schools decide how to use the money by assessing what children need and what will have the most impact on their learning. 

If you receive any of the following benefits then please apply as the funding could make a significant difference to the school and therefore your child. Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:

  • income support

  • income-based Jobseekers Allowance

  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance

  • support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999

  • the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit

  • Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)

  • Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit

  • Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 

To apply simply click on the link below and complete the form for Free school meals (remember even if your child is in the Infants and already gets Universal Free School Meals, this is additional funding so you can still apply). After you have completed the form please email it to the school meals service, all information is on the link. Click here . Alternatively, you can pick up a form from the school office then post a signed copy to: 

ESAS and Free School Meals 

D Block 

Civic Centre 

Silver Street 



You do not need to provide evidence of your benefit when you submit your form, however you may be contacted by the Local Authority for further information or to request certain evidence.

 If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me