Parent Update

Parent Update - 17th April 

Dear Parents/Carers

I am writing and hoping that you are all well during the current situation. I would normally be writing and preparing everyone for the start of the Summer Term, but we face at least another 3 weeks of restrictions. We are beginning to hear of sad news amongst our community including staff who have lost family and friends. I am sure you join with me in passing on our heartfelt condolences at this challenging time.

Essential Childcare and Support

Over the last 4 weeks, 55 pupils have accessed the Essential Childcare and Support provision that we set up following the part closure of the school. We continued to offer this through the Easter holiday including Good Friday. I must thank you for using this sparingly, which means we have been able to keep staffing to a minimum each day, reducing everybody’s risk from the virus. If you are a key worker and have received the booking form for next week, please complete it as soon as possible so we can plan our staffing. 

Currently, around 74 staff (60%) of staff are available to be in school and they are all contributing to ensuring our provision keeps running and is providing activities and support for the children who attend. The remaining staff (40%) are unable to be in school due to underlying health conditions or because of shielding other members of their household.

Free School Meals

Parents and pupils who are in receipt of the Free School Meals benefit have now been receiving supermarket vouchers as part of the government scheme. The launch was tricky due to massive demand, but things appear to be working better now. Next week the voucher will be for two weeks. If you are having any difficulties with this, please get in touch. 

Home Learning

Home Learning will resume on Monday and I thank you for doing your best to keep children engaged with school activities. We are very aware that every home will be different and that it will be more challenging for some of you than others because of a variety of circumstances. Our key message remains the same, do what you can. We will be contacting some parents where children have yet to engage with anything over the last 4 weeks, this will be to see what we can do to help. 

If you have missed the Home Learning Newsletters there have been two editions so far and they can be found on our website along with all the other links and activities we have posted to date. Our next edition will be out next week. 

Click here for the home learning page on our website

Click here for Home Learning Newsletter - 27th March

Click here for Home Learning Newsletter - 3rd April 

The office is receiving emails and these are checked daily so please do get in touch if needed. For matters relating to Home Learning please contact the relevant email shared with you previously, these can also be found on the Home Learning Page on our website (see link above)

Stay Safe Online

Finally just a reminder to everyone to keep a close eye on what children are doing online and on their phones. We are seeing an increase in online incidents across the country and we have already had one referral from CEOP at school. Over the coming weeks, we will share again some of the parent guides for some common apps children are gravitating towards such as Tik Tok (see attached). This started as an app for sharing harmless lip syncs and dances but now has inappropriate language and sexual content and is now heavily used by many bored adults in lockdown. 

I have attached the Parent guide to TikTok and also advice for parents relating to Coronavirus and children. Enfield Borough Council have also written to all residents and I have attached that information too. 

Please do take care and thank you to those parents and carers in our school community who are working on the front line. 

Martin Kelsey - Headteacher